TPM's Top Ten Most Ridiculous Health Care Amendments
1. Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): To reduce the cost of providing federally funded prescription drugs by eliminating fraudulent payments and prohibiting coverage of Viagra for child molesters and rapists for drugs intended to induce abortion.
2. Vitter: Prohibiting use of funds to fund the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). (Adding to the ridculousness, ACORN folded just this week.)
3. Coburn: To require that each new bureaucrat added to any department or agency of the Federal Government for the purpose of implementing the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act be offset by a reduction of 1 existing bureaucrat at such department or agency.
4. Sen. David Vitter (R-LA): To repeal the government takeover of health care.
5.Coburn: To revoke the powers given the Secretary of Health and Human Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
6. Coburn: To help the President keep his promise that Americans who like the health care coverage they have now can keep it.
7.Coburn: To repeal the new $375 million program directing the very same Federal Government that has amassed a $12 trillion debt to lecture Americans about financial responsibility.
8. Sen. Bob Bennett (R-UT): To protect the democratic process and the right of the people of the District of Columbia to define marriage.
9. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) To make sure the President, Cabinet Members, all White House senior staff and Congressional Committee and Leadership staff are purchasing health insurance through the health insurance exchanges established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
10. Coburn: To require all Members of Congress to read a bill prior to casting on a vote on the bill.
Get it from the SOURCE: TALKING POINTS MEDIA