More Remains of Sgt. La David Johnson Discovered in Niger, Weeks After Funeral

U.S. Army Special Operations Command via AP
U.S. Army Special Operations Command via AP

Almost a month after the funeral of Sgt. La David Johnson, questions remain as to how he was killed and what was in the casket his wife hovered over and said her last goodbyes to in October.


According to CNN, more remains of Johnson and the three other soldiers who were killed in an October ambush by ISIS, also known as the Islamic State group, in Niger were found and identified, according to a U.S. official. The discovery of Johnson’s remains raised questions as to how he actually died, and the fact that President Donald Trump stated, “He knew what he was getting into,” along with his overall lack of remorse, created a firestorm.

When Johnson’s wife, Myeshia Johnson, spoke to Good Morning America last month, she stated that she still had no idea what or who was in the casket during his burial.

“They won’t show me a finger, a hand. I know my husband’s body from head to toe, and they won’t let me see anything,” she said. “I don’t know what’s in that box. It could be empty, for all I know.”

The Department of Defense issued a statement Tuesday confirming that Johnson’s remains have been identified.

“We can confirm that the Armed Forces Medical Examiner has positively identified these remains as those of Sgt. Johnson,” Dana W. White, chief spokesperson for the Department of Defense, said Tuesday, according to ABC News. “The department continues to conduct a detailed and thorough investigation into the deaths of Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson, Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright and Sgt. La David T. Johnson. We extend our deepest condolences to all of the families of the fallen.”


One has to wonder what the DOD is attempting to hide, and whether or not Myeshia Johnson will ever get the answers she deserves.

Read more at CNN and ABC News.



For all the noise and congressional hearings for Benghazi (that amounted to the blame basically being in the GOP’s tax cuts in security for that particular embassy), I have yet to hear a single peep about an inquiry into this incident. How the fuck do “more” remains magically turn up a month after his “body” was buried? Why did it take them 48 hours to find these dead US soldiers? Who dropped that ball? The families of these men deserve answers, real answers, and accountability.