Antoine Petty and Geneice Petty
Prince George’s County (Md.) Police Department

A Maryland couple is facing charges after storing their 2-month-old son's body in their car for 24 hours before burying the remains in a wooded area behind a Maryland high school, the Washington Post reports.

According to the report, Geneice Petty, the mother of Antoine Flemons, napped, then drove her husband, Antoine Petty, to and from work, and slept some more, before she and her husband buried the infant's body. Although little Antoine had a different last name, the Pettys were his biological parents, the Post notes.


Prosecutors say the couple held the body of little Antoine in their black Lincoln Town Car hearse for a full day after his Sept. 21 death until about 2 a.m. the following morning, when Geneice Petty, 24, stripped the boy of his clothes and wrapped him in a blanket before his father put him in a shallow grave. The boy's body was buried for a month before investigators unearthed his remains.

The Post notes that Petty appeared Wednesday for a preliminary hearing in a Prince George's County courtroom, where a judge ruled that there was enough evidence for a trial.

She was charged in October with being an accessory to murder after the fact. According to authorities, Petty told investigators that she helped her husband—who is accused of beating the child and then burying him—hide what he did from the police.

Antoine Petty, 32, was indicted Tuesday on charges of murder, child abuse resulting in death and assault.


Authorities and prosecutors say that Antoine Petty killed the boy after he became agitated with the crying child. Antoine Petty allegedly took the infant to the balcony of the couple's apartment. Geneice Petty then reportedly heard her husband hit the child at least five times. The infant eventually became unresponsive.

After the baby's death, the couple lied about his whereabouts when others inquired about him, authorities charge. Little Antoine had been dead for about a month before relatives reported him missing to the authorities.


Read more at the Washington Post

Share This Story

Get our newsletter