The ultimate Easter accessory was never a colored egg. If you know what we know, the yearly celebration of Jesus’ resurrection is also your annual chance to glide through those church aisles with the most excessively stylish hat atop your blessed head. So why on earth did these celebrities waste their creative headgear on the other 364 days of the year? Here’s a showcase of celebrities whose furious headpieces missed the chance to proclaim their love for Christ by blocking your view of the pastor.
1. Aretha Franklin’s aggressive Inauguration Day bow ensemble.
Aretha’s hat stole President Obama’s shine on what was supposed to be his big day.
2. Pharrell and the case of the oversized Arby’s hat.
To be fair, Pharrell’s hat pays homage to this 1982 rap video. Apparently, some people think it should have stayed in 1982.
3. Coolio’s homemade pigtail cutout hat accessory thing.
Coolio should have left his hat on Sesame Street.
4. Nicki Minaj raids Strawberry Shortcake’s closet.
If you can get over the fact that Ms. Minaj looks like a Power Ranger at a dance recital, the bright beanie she’s wearing would appease your favorite deacon.
5. Rep. Frederica Wilson, hat genius extraordinaire.
We only wish that our hat game was as tight as the Florida congresswoman’s. She’s awesome. And so are all her bedazzled, colorful, over-the-top hats.
6. Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week bunny ears.
All black everything, head bowed in silent worship. Rihanna is ready to give Him the glory!
7. Lil’ Kim: Mad Hatter gone wrong.
Lil’ Kim modeled this Ivy supersonic hat back in 1999. She looks like she just stepped off the set of Alice in Wonderland.
8. Star Jones with feathers in her cap.
We can’t tell where her dress ends and her hat begins …