I didn’t have $100 for this so-called fight, and I kinda
forbade asked my husband not to order it. Therefore, I got my Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight moments from social media. Here are the five things this reporter found the most interesting:
1. Mayweather came out in some Desus Nice-glittery-ski-mask-rob-a-bank contraption. I guess.
2. The black glitterati were in effect. Celebs definitely stunt at fights, and this one was no different, with A-listers such as Diddy, Nas and LeBron James in the house ... oh, and Steve Harvey and Cassie were there, too.
3. People think McGregor held his own. For $100, people would have been screaming that they “was robbed” if it didn’t go as long as it did.
4. After the fight, Mayweather and this commentator used the phrase “shot his load” thrice. Is this common boxing parlance???
5. Diddy—with a Rolex band around his hat and appearing a little drunk—said that the refs should’ve let Floyd knock O’Whitey the fuck out ... then promoted a party ... and then asked, “Can we see somebody else on the ground besides us?” Boom.
Also, Mayweather won, cementing his 50-0 record, besting Rocky Marciano and proving himself to be one of the best fighters of all time. And 77 percent of people think the whole thing was staged.