The Washington Post is reporting that on Sunday the State Department plans to reopen 18 of the 19 U.S. embassies and consulates in the Middle East and Africa that were closed last week in the wake of terrorist threats.
It said Friday that the embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, would remain closed "because of ongoing concerns about a threat stream indicating the potential for terrorist attacks emanating from Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula." Americans in Yemen were advised to leave the country Tuesday, and many embassy officials were evacuated after intercepted al-Qaeda communications indicated an attack was being planned.
The U.S. consulate in Lahore, Pakistan, where the closure was announced Thursday based on "a separate credible threat," will remained closed, the statement said.
Read more at the Washington Post.