Getty Images

The hotel room where singer Whitney Houston died had prescription drugs in it, according to the Huffington Post.

Houston, who was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. on Saturday, was apparently underwater and unconscious when police found her. The singer had struggled with cocaine, marijuana and pills over the last two decades.


"There weren't a lot of prescription bottles. You probably have just as many prescription bottles in your medicine cabinet," said the Los Angeles coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter to the Washington Post.

Authorities said that there were no indications of foul play or trauma on her body. It will take a few weeks before toxicology reports come back determining the singer's cause of death. Investigators are also expected to speak to Houston's medical team to find out who was prescribing her these drugs.


Read more at the Huffington Post.

Like The Root on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.