Sasha and Malia Obama share one of the top spots on Time magazine’s list of “The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014.” At the ages of 13 and 16 respectively, the Obama sisters have grown up in front of our eyes. Malia is a budding filmmaker and is rumored to be interested in attending Stanford. She also caused a stir this summer when she attended the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago. Sasha is also a figure in her own right. The fashion-forward Obama caused “unicorn-sweater hysteria” after the popular online retailer ASOS sold out of a sweater she was pictured wearing.
It looks as if the Obama sisters are experiencing their teen years with grace and style. Here is a look back at some of our favorite photos of the first daughters.
1. A Birthday During the Early Years
2. Awaiting the 2004 U.S. Senate Election Results
3. Posing for the Re-Enactment
4. Learning to Work a Crowd
5. Out on the Campaign Trail—and at a Picnic
6. Entering the National Stage
7. Making History
8. First Presidential Easter Egg Roll
9. An Iconic Family Photo
10. Still Just a Regular Family
11. The Official Group Hug
12. Chillin’ With Dad
13. First Fans
14. Home From the Holidays
15. They’re Growing Up So Fast
Nicole L. Cvetnic is The Root’s multimedia editor and producer.