Lupita Nyong'o has been nominated for several awards, including an Oscar, for her performance as Patsey in 12 Years a Slave and is quickly becoming a fashion icon. Here is a list of more of her fabulousness:
1. She was born in Mexico City but raised in Kenya.
2. Her father is a prominent Kenyan politician.
3. Nyong'o graduated from Hampshire College with a degree in film and theater studies.
4. She graduated from the Yale School of Drama with a master's degree in acting.
5. Her first job out of Yale was 12 Years a Slave.
6. Her cousin Isis Nyong'o Madison was on Forbes' list of Africa's Top 20 Youngest Power Women.
7. She wrote, produced and directed the 2009 documentary In My Genes.
8. She's only 5 feet 5 inches tall.
9. She resides in Brooklyn, N.Y.
10. Her next role is in the film Non-Stop.