Cops Probe Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend in Bathtub Incident

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Police are investigating the possibility of foul play in the case of Bobbi Kristina Brown, who was found unresponsive in a bathtub last weekend, according to the New York Daily News, citing a report at TMZ. The daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown is on life support at Emory University in Atlanta.


Officials say that Bobbi Kristina, 21, had curious injuries that caught their eye, and now their investigation is focused on her longtime boyfriend, Nick Gordon, TMZ says. Law-enforcement officers are investigating allegations of a possible altercation between the two about an hour before she was found slumped in a bathtub by a family friend, TMZ say, citing sources. The couple reportedly had a pattern of violence, sources told the news outlet.

Bobbi Kristina and Gordon claimed to have gotten married last year, but her family has challenged that claim, saying that it’s not legal.

The news comes amid claims that doctors are urging the family to take Bobbi Kristina off life support, according to the report. Sources close to the family have said that Bobbi Kristina would not be taken off life support without Cissy Houston, 81, her grandmother, being there. Houston arrived at the hospital Friday, and just hours after her arrival, Bobby Brown and his wife arrived at Emory.

Bobbi Kristina Brown was placed in a medically induced coma to increase her chances of recovery, but her condition has not improved, according to reports. A week ago Saturday, she was discovered by family friend Max Lomas, who told cops that he arrived at her Roswell, Ga., home around 9 a.m., according to TMZ. Lomas has told cops he didn’t see Bobbi Kristina when he arrived, but Gordon was there. About 10 a.m., a cable technician knocked at the door, said.

When the cable tech said he needed access to the bedroom, Lomas knocked on the door, according to TMZ. That’s when he found Bobbi Kristina unresponsive in the tub. He called for Gordon, who appeared and began administering CPR. Paramedics arrived later and transported her to the hospital.

Read more at the New York Daily News.