Editor’s note: This article contains social media post that some may find offensive.
Less than 18 hours ago, Chris Brown was performing onstage in Manila, the Philippines, but now, trying to leave the country has become a nightmare. Brown is barred from leaving the Philippines because of fraud allegations against him and his promoter stemming from a 2014 canceled New Year's Eve party in the country, according to Rappler.
Last year Brown said he had to cancel the Manila concert because of a lost passport, but now MDC, the owner of the New Year's Eve concert venue, has petitioned the Philippine Department of Justice for help prosecuting Brown and the promoter, John Michael Roda.
MDC’s chief operating officer, Iglesia ni Cristo, submitted a letter to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima, requesting prosecution of Brown.
“After making representations that Mr. Brown would perform thereat, and after having fully paid for both their services, Mr. Brown failed to appear and perform at the concert, to the damage and prejudice of MDC. We would appreciate any assistance you can provide to us to protect the interest of MDC, and ultimately, to serve as an example to producers and talents who employ such fraudulent schemes to obtain money from legitimate businesses in the country,” the letter stated.
Brown tried to leave the country Tuesday after his sold-out concert, but he was told that he needed to contact the Philippine Department of Justice to secure clearance, because a lookout bulletin order was issued on him. As a result of the order, Brown must now “obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) before they can be allowed to depart from the Philippines.”
As Brown waits for approval from the Philippine Department of Justice to leave the country, this news comes on the heels of a startling Instagram post made by Brown claiming that the average man dealing with his issues, including a recent home invasion, would have committed suicide by now: