You know black leaders are brainwashed when …
1) … they fear that talking about racism may hamper their success.
2) … they roll over at the slightest hint of retaliation.
3) … they allow avowed enemies to define their agenda.
4) … they quickly retreat from already weak positions.
5) … they swiftly throw another black person under the bus to appear less racist.
6) … they are more concerned about status among whites than defending black people.
7) … they equalize racism, making it a black and white thing.
8) … they legitimize, tolerate or excuse white groups, pundits or individuals who race-bait.
9) … they allow whites to redefine the meaning of ''racism.''
10) … they accept the ''post-racial'' illusion as our reality.
Tom Burrell is a marketing communications pioneer, founder and former CEO of Burrell Communications, and an Advertising Hall of Fame inductee. He is the author of Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority. (Smiley Books).