(The Root) — It's been well established that black people love Twitter — they reportedly represent 25 percent of Twitter users, though they make up 13 percent of the U.S. population. But what about Vine, Twitter's new micro video-sharing app? The app is relatively new but seems to be growing in popularity. Celebrities are pretty fond of it, with stars such as Jimmy Fallon, Kate Upton and Victoria Beckham appearing on countless "Celebs to Follow on Vine" lists.
But where are the black folks? Other than Tyra Banks and Omar Epps, black celebrities on Vine are rather tough to track down. We can only entertain ourselves watching Tyra lose her mind in snippets for so long (no offense, of course). We want more! Who is missing?
Here are five black celebrities we'd love to see on Vine, in no particular order:
1. Mike Tyson: Who doesn't wonder what Tyson does when he's alone? Does he watch sunsets? Write and sing original songs? Crochet sweaters for his pet pigeons? It has to be amazing to watch a larger-than-life person like Mike Tyson going about his everyday business.
2. Jesse Jackson: Honestly, we really just want to see if all his videos featured him speaking exclusively in rhyme. "I would like a mocha latte/Debit is how I'd like to pay."
3. LeVar Burton: LeVar Burton is so cool. He taught us how to read. He says "goodnight" like this. And after his appearance in the White House's first Vine video, we're thirsting for more. He'd be the perfect Viner — but you don't have to take our word for it!
4. Beyoncé: This one is nearly a no-brainer. She basically broke the Internet when she got on Instagram and Tumblr, and those are just still pictures. Who doesn't want to see Beyoncé and little Blue Ivy in real time?
5. Idris Elba: Just in case he spends the majority of his time shirtless.
Tracy Clayton is a writer, humorist and blogger from Louisville, Ky.