Two people were killed and two others injured Monday in what authorities are calling a possible murder-suicide at an elementary school in San Bernardino, Calif.
According to USA Today, Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said that two adults were dead and that two students had been wounded and taken to the hospital.
“We believe this to be a murder-suicide,” Burguan tweeted about the shooting at North Park Elementary School. “Happened in a class room. Two students have been transported to the hospital.”
The San Bernardino City Unified School District has since said that the threat has been “neutralized” and that parents could pick their children up at Cajon High School, where students were moved “for safety.”
District spokesperson Maria Garcia described the shooting as a domestic dispute, according to the news site, and confirmed that at least two students had been airlifted to a hospital.
Read more at USA Today.