Actor Terry Crews has found a new talent agency to represent him after dropping William Morris Endeavor amid allegations that one of its employees, Adam Venit, sexually assaulted him at a Hollywood party last year.
Deadline reports that Crews has now signed with United Talent Agency.
Crews filed a lawsuit against WME, Venit and 25 other unnamed defendants alleging assault, battery, sexual battery, sexual harassment, gender violence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and negligent retention and supervision.
Crews told the story of the alleged assault in a series of tweets Oct. 10. In early November, he filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department and dropped WME as his representation a day later.
He will now be represented by UTA in all areas.
WME completely mishandled the Venit situation and did Crews a disservice as its client. From not immediately addressing the matter when Crews initially told his agent to allowing Venit to return to work after a 30-day suspension, the agency showed that it seemed to value saving face more than protecting its greatest asset: its client.
Hopefully Crews will receive better representation and better protection at UTA.