There’s a little known but running joke among The Root staff about the catalogs of stock photos we need to do our jobs;…
In corporate America, being a black woman can be lonely as fuck, especially once you reach a certain level of power or…
News Outlets Were Comfortable Calling Jussie Smollett's Attack 'Homophobic.' Why Didn't They Call It 'Racist'?
On Tuesday, Empire actor Jussie Smollett reported being assaulted in Chicago by two white men in ski masks. The brutal…
When 23-year-old Tyler Mitchell captured Beyoncé for the September 2018 issue of American Vogue, it was a historic…
“Fashion is a form of art. It’s the first thing people see before you say anything throughout the day,” says Hailie…
- Aide: Like Jackie Robinson, Felt He Had to Take It
- 3 Months After That Letter, the Other Shoe Drops
- Head of Black-Press Group Heads Ownership Team
- April Ryan, Sarah Huckabee Sanders Clash Again
- Loveis Wise Is in Rare Company
In the fallout over ABC’s cancellation of “Rosanne” over star Rosanne Barr’s racist tweet, much of the commentary…
- Opinion Writers Ask Whether Protest Isn’t Patriotic
- Black Conservative Gets Facts Wrong on Jemele Hill
- New Spike Lee Joint Gets Standing Ovation
- Media Remind Us of Those Not on Holiday Cards
- Critical Report Appears on Own Websites
- Is Kanye West to be Denounced, Scorned or Pitied?
- Speaking of the Optics of the Annual Dinner . . .
- Accidental Deaths Grow Among African Americans
- Longtime Staffer Patrik Henry Bass Also Out