Kanye West appears to be off the hook for now. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office rejected a battery case against the rapper because he had reached a civil settlement with the alleged 18-year-old victim and there were no significant injuries documented after the altercation, the Associated Press reports.
The incident occurred on Jan. 13 after the teen allegedly called West's fiancée Kim Kardashian "a slut" and a "n—ger lover" during a trip to the chiropractor’s office, TMZ reports. Kardashian then phone West, told him about the slur and the rapper came to the building and attacked the man in a chiropractor's office, the AP says, citing a document prepared by a prosecutor.
West was not arrested and his attorney Blair Berk declined comment on the prosecutor's decision, the AP says. But earlier this week, TMZ reports that the teen received a civil settlement of $250,000 with West as a result of the incident.
Prosecutors did not pursue charges because there were conflicting witness accounts about how many times West punched the man, but noted that the victim wasn't seriously injured, the document says, according to the AP.
In a separate case, West faces a misdemeanor battery charge filed after the rapper was involved in a videotaped altercation with a paparazzo at Los Angeles International Airport last year, the report says. He pleaded not guilty to the charge and the case is scheduled for a hearing on Feb. 25.
Read more at the Associated Press.