The Root is kicking off a new season of The Root Live: Bring It to the Table in high style. The 16-week video series, sponsored by Prudential, which explores financial issues in the African-American community, premieres Wednesday, Sept. 10, with a star-studded Fashion Week event.
Designer Byron Lars of Byron Lars Beauty Mark is joined by Project Runway alum Kimberly Goldson to dish about what goes on behind the glitz and glam of the fashion world. From broken dreams to creative fulfillment, they share their stories of stress and success. Lars and Goldson are joined on the panel by Wall Street Journal columnist and author Teri Agins, whose new book, Hijacking the Runway, looks at the ways celebrities are stealing the fashion spotlight; and Prudential financial adviser ShirleyAnn Robertson, who has insight into launching a new business.
The Root Live: Bring It to the Table video series continues every Wednesday through Dec. 24 with topics that include the following:
* Social activism: putting your money where your mouth is;
* Crowdfunding to finance a dream;
* How to recover financially from a divorce;
* LGBT partners and benefits: knowing your rights;
* Funding a college education without going broke;
* Living a biblically sound financial life;
* Managing your children’s financial expectations.
The Root Live: Bring It to the Table is hosted each week by The Root contributing editor and author Harriette Cole.