November 6, 2012
Plus: Obama will lead at the polls "until Republicans get off work." Why would coded attacks on the president and his family stop on Election Day?
November 6, 2012
Beyond Obama vs. Romney, voters today will decide on state ballot questions with huge implications for marriage equality, the ability of eligible undocumented immigrants to afford college and even the legalization of marijuana.
by Lynette Holloway onNovember 5, 2012
Campaign Crazy Talk: Republican endorsed "darkey" "massa" song. Plus: Bill O'Reilly on black Christians and Obama.
November 2, 2012
The president went to Mars as a teen, he got a suspicious nose job and other allegations even sillier than the birth certificate "controversy."
by Michael Skolnik onNovember 2, 2012
Global Grind's Michael Skolnik uses the story of a wheelchair-bound man's commitment to President Obama's re-election to emphasize that "anyone who can vote needs to vote."
by John W. Fountain onNovember 2, 2012
The Chicago Sun-Times' John W. Fountain puts his choice to cast a ballot for the "best man for the job" in personal, historical and racial context.
November 1, 2012
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, the political independent cited climate change as a reason for his support of the president's re-election.
by Michael H. Cottman onOctober 31, 2012
Obama Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett isn't paying much attention to polls as Election Day approaches because she is rightly more focused on voter turnout -- and the momentum building in the black community, Michael H. Cottman writes at BlackAmericaWeb.
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 30, 2012
President Obama assures voters that he will dispatch lawyers if they experience problems at the polls.
October 29, 2012
President Obama cancels a campaign event at the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
- SEE ALL VIEWS
Show Me the Numbers: Graduation speakers often opt for tough love. Here's what they should say instead.
She Matters: This writer wishes someone had told her these things at her commencement.
Image of the Week: What's the meaning behind this 16th-century cameo featuring a black and a white face?
If any other group called for the government's demise, the GOP would have a fit.
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook