by David J. Leonard onNovember 17, 2012
Writing at Ebony, David J. Leonard analyzes what he says are reactions to the "alarming message about demographic shifts and waning white male control" sent by the presidential election.
November 16, 2012
If confirmed, Judge William L. Thomas will be the second openly gay African-American judge on the federal bench.
by Michael Arceneaux onNovember 15, 2012
Writing at Ebony, Michael Arceneaux chronicles the way he's seen "bigots trying to take their country back," and explains why they don't make sense.
by Michael H. Cottman onNovember 14, 2012
The election did nothing to slow the racial hatred directed at President Obama, Michael H. Cottman writes at BlackAmericaWeb.
November 13, 2012
The latest from the campaign that just didn't get it.
by Eugene Robinson onNovember 10, 2012
The Washington Post's Eugene Robinson explains what he says was the message sent by the millions of voters who re-elected President Obama.
November 9, 2012
He says he won't accept any approach to federal-deficit reduction that doesn't ask the wealthy to pay more in taxes. Watch the video and read the transcript here.
November 9, 2012
The president got emotional, telling his Chicago campaign team that their accomplishments would far outlast his term in office.
by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon onNovember 9, 2012
Writing at Black Star News, Dr. Wilmer J. Leon says that the question shouldn't be "What should President Obama do for black America?" It should be "What will black America do for itself politically, and when?"
by Michael Skolnik onNovember 9, 2012
Global Grind's Michael Skolnik, reflecting on the Hurricane Sandy recovery effort and Barack Obama's re-election, concludes that a new America is emerging.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
- SEE ALL VIEWS
Show Me the Numbers: Graduation speakers often opt for tough love. Here's what they should say instead.
She Matters: This writer wishes someone had told her these things at her commencement.
Image of the Week: What's the meaning behind this 16th-century cameo featuring a black and a white face?
If any other group called for the government's demise, the GOP would have a fit.
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today