by Katti Gray onJanuary 12, 2011
The president of the predominantly black Brooklyn, N.Y., college has threatened to evict a think tank dedicated to prison-reform issues. Is there room for ex-convicts on campus? Or is this all about gentrification?
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 3, 2011
When schools are failing, these parents are taking education to the house.
by The Buzz onJanuary 2, 2011
Job hunting? Check out this listing from The Root's Jobs section.
by Abdul Ali onDecember 16, 2010
Precocious tween Willow Smith says she's too busy with her bustling career to worry about her lessons. Problem?
by Washington Post onNovember 11, 2010
Black male students are trailing their white counterparts for reasons that are often not well understood.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 20, 2010
The truth shall set you free?
by Lauren Williams onOctober 13, 2010
Michelle Obama will campaign for seven Senate candidates over the next two weeks.
by Helena Andrews onOctober 7, 2010
Helena Andrews re-examines her privileged private-school education after seeing the documentary Waiting for Superman.
by Lenny McAllister onOctober 1, 2010
The Oct. 2 rally sounds good in name, but let's call it what it really is: an attempt to unite liberals in time for the November elections.
October 1, 2010
“I will put our record on education up against any administration at any economic time,” said Robert Gibbs.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
- SEE ALL VIEWS
Golfer Sergio Garcia's jab at Tiger Woods is subtle racism at its finest.
A Nigerian Nobel laureate wants fans of the late fellow writer to table calls for a posthumous prize.
Experts say that flaws in the system punish poor parents and motivate others to have kids for money.
Race Manners: Maybe your friends' pets are doing you a favor? At least now your social circle can't ignore race.
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times