November 17, 2009
Civil rights groups, labor groups and members of the financial industry are all calling for more action from the government to fight unemployment.
November 16, 2009
As far as consumer spending goes, the higher you are the economic totem pole the better you’re doing. Has this trend trickled down to middle class and lower-earning consumers or is it just another sign of the growing wealth gap?
November 13, 2009
As awful as a job loss is economically, for many households unemployment is taking an even greater emotional and psychological toll on family members.
November 12, 2009
With millions out of work and few jobs available employers have a lot more time to investigate job applicants. Why that should worry you and anyone else with a past.
November 11, 2009
It’s great that we’ve given those who serve our country their own special day. But can we get them a doctor’s appointment and a bed, too?
November 10, 2009
The number of unemployment teens has hit record highs. If teenagers aren’t working how will they learn lessons about responsibility and the job market…and what are they going to do in the meantime?
November 9, 2009
Despite the state being marred in debt with high unemployment running rampant, Los Angeles County has reduced its homelessness by nearly 40%. How did they do it and what can other cities fighting chronic homelessness learn from LA?
November 6, 2009
Unemployment hasn’t been this bad since 1983, but is there a slight reason to now have hope?
November 5, 2009
A new survey says a sizable portion of the population wants to cut up their credit cards for good. Is this truly a new lease on life or merely a temporary break from a costly habit?
November 4, 2009
Just because you’re working with a smaller grocery budget doesn’t give you free reign to go completely unhealthy.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
- SEE ALL VIEWS
Mixing Dad's advice with sound financial planning can help us regain stability.
Ask Demetria: A suddenly insecure boyfriend may mean that something's changed in your relationship.
You might find that attacks on his commencement speech -- a hit among graduates -- missed the mark.
The GOP's notion of "self-reliance" won't hold up after disaster hits one of the nation's poorest states.
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’