by Stephanie Humphrey onMay 8, 2012
Tech2Go: If you snap photos using your mobile device, you'll love shooting video with this app.
by John McWhorter onFebruary 14, 2012
Homophobic displays by blacks hurt our ability to demand racial equality from the rest of society.
September 21, 2011
From Outkast rapper Big Boi to Cornel West to Kim Kardashian, stars of all types have been tweeting support for the death row inmate.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 8, 2011
ColorLines' Akiba Solomon is hopping mad about Twitter and structural racism.
by Erin E. Evans onMay 28, 2011
And Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) had a lot to tweet about it.
by Hayat Mohamed onApril 20, 2011
A new survey suggests that tweeting gets in the way of your love life.
February 24, 2011
Rapper warns "ballin' niggas" about gold diggers getting pregnant on purpose.
February 2, 2011
Do phrases like "I brought you into this world, I'll take you out," sound familiar?
January 27, 2011
Author finds the young celebs "arrogant" and their lives "sad."
January 25, 2011
Putting tech savvy to use, the White House encourages online viewer participation during this year's State of the Union.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
- SEE ALL VIEWS
A Nigerian Nobel laureate wants fans of the late fellow writer to table calls for a posthumous prize.
Experts say that flaws in the system punish poor parents and motivate others to have kids for money.
Race Manners: Maybe your friends' pets are doing you a favor? At least now your social circle can't ignore race.
Show Me the Numbers: Graduation speakers often opt for tough love. Here's what they should say instead.
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.