Autopsy reports show that Prince died from an opioid overdose, according to a law-enforcement official who spoke with the Associated Press.
Since news of Prince's death surfaced, so have rumors claiming that the 57-year-old singer suffered from an addiction to pain medication. According to the official, who is reported to be close to the investigation and spoke with AP under the condition of anonymity, tests confirmed that the cause of Prince's death was an opioid overdose.
Authorities have been investigating Prince's death and whether or not a doctor's son, who was reportedly on Prince's sprawling Paisley Park property in suburban Minneapolis at the time of the musician's death, gave him prescription medication.
Prince was found dead in an elevator inside his home April 21.
Read more at ABC 13.