Children are escorted off a school bus upon arrival at a hospital after being sickened at a Jersey City, N.J., day care Sept. 11, 2014.  
WABC Screenshot

About 30 children were taken to a hospital as a precaution after they accidentally ingested bleach at their Jersey City, N.J., day care, WABC reports.

According to the news station, the accident took place around 11 a.m. Thursday at the Growing Tree II Learning Center after a substitute teacher or aide inadvertently gave students water mixed with a little bit of bleach from a bottle used for cleaning, instead of drinkable water that was stored in a cooler.

Advertisement

WABC reports that all the children were conscious and alert, with no apparent injuries, and walking on their own. They were taken to a local hospital as a precaution.

Read more at WABC.