This week on the Confab: Join Deputy Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta and Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris about insidious forms of street harassment, how the "one-drop rule" works in 2013 and why no one seems to care when female athletes come out.
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with Mother Jones' Adam Serwer and the American Prospect's Jamelle Bouie about "well-intended" racial screwups in political speeches, songs and comments about biracial kids. Plus: We unpack Jay-Z's career evolution -- from rap to business to musical attacks on politicians.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after she bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]