This week on the Confab: Join Deputy Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta and Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris about insidious forms of street harassment, how the "one-drop rule" works in 2013 and why no one seems to care when female athletes come out.
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with Mother Jones' Adam Serwer and the American Prospect's Jamelle Bouie about "well-intended" racial screwups in political speeches, songs and comments about biracial kids. Plus: We unpack Jay-Z's career evolution -- from rap to business to musical attacks on politicians.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
An after-school project creates an electric car powered by Twitter and Facebook updates.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Na Cola Franklin Guilty Of Murdering Fiance Hours Before Wedding
- Former Disney Star To Rihanna: ‘Chris Brown Beat You Because You’re Not Pretty Enough’
- Man Dies In Custody After Being Viciously Beaten By Sacramento Police Officer [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
- Charles Ramsey On Free Burger Offers: ‘I Never Told These People They Could Use My Name’
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation