This week on the Confab: Join Deputy Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta and Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris about insidious forms of street harassment, how the "one-drop rule" works in 2013 and why no one seems to care when female athletes come out.
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with Mother Jones' Adam Serwer and the American Prospect's Jamelle Bouie about "well-intended" racial screwups in political speeches, songs and comments about biracial kids. Plus: We unpack Jay-Z's career evolution -- from rap to business to musical attacks on politicians.
This week on the Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris as she chats with Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta and the Tampa Bay Times' Joel Anderson about The Root's March Movie Madness upsets and Atlanta's standardized-testing scandal. Plus: A public service announcement on black women and natural hair.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times