by Hayat Mohamed onJune 7, 2011
Nevertheless, she's insulted that producers did not consult her for the biopic Winnie, starring Hudson.
May 26, 2011
The Root looks back at the life and legacy of the activist, world leader and humanitarian.
by Sylvester Monroe onMarch 18, 2010
Yes, you can praise a black president with one hand and slap him with the other. That doesn’t make you a hypocrite. Just ask Winnie Mandela.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours