by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 19, 2012
From YOLO to Chrihanna to Obama hate, some things are better off not seeing the new year.
by Demetria L. Lucas onNovember 27, 2012
Writing at Essence, The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas hopes that Jada Pinkett Smith's permissive attitude toward her young daughter's style will protect the 12-year-old from the "hair hangups" that plague so many black women.
June 19, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The actress and activist talks about her fight against modern-day slavery.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMarch 7, 2012
Biggie's son and Lauryn Hill's daughter aren't the only rap progeny bitten by the showbiz bug.
by Michael Arceneaux onMarch 2, 2012
Michael Arceneaux, who blogs at Ebony.com, makes an insightful observation about Willow Smith's recent Twitter antics, saying that her superstar parents need to take the reins because the baby pop star is too vulnerable online.
by Michael Arceneaux onOctober 11, 2011
When it comes to these movie and TV classics, Hollywood should leave well enough alone -- and come up with some new ideas.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onMay 21, 2011
We weren't the only ones who thought Bey's new video was eerily similar to Willlow's.
April 25, 2011
This year’s edition of the 133-year-old White House custom included sports, Willow Smith and a presidential kick-off. Watch our exclusive video.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 31, 2011
The actress believes her kids aren't "people to control."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 8, 2011
Check out the 10-year-old's latest girl-power single.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours