by Darron T. Smith, Ph.D. onFebruary 22, 2013
White racism is a systemic phenomenon that is deeply woven into the fabric of our society and has a corrosive effect on the minds, bodies and souls of all Americans -- and it needs to end, Darron T. Smith, Ph.D., writes at the Huffington Post.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onNovember 24, 2012
Given recent cases at Ole Miss and Towson U, Obama's win still rankles some young voters.
by Monroe Anderson onAugust 10, 2012
America's browning drives a backlash that found its most virulent strain in Wade Michael Page.
by Denise Stewart onJuly 30, 2012
Stops for history buffs include Montgomery's Greyhound Bus Station and other time-honored markers.
by Francie Latour onJuly 4, 2012
At Boston.com, Francie Latour responds with expert commentary, statistics and personal anecdotes, as well as a dose of sarcasm, to this recent headline: "Stain of Racism Is Finally Fading in America."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 23, 2011
According to a new study, they think so.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours