by Demetria L. Lucas onNovember 29, 2012
Ask Demetria: Even if his family member pissed you off, try not to turn into a bridezilla.
by Demetria L. Lucas onNovember 8, 2012
Ask Demetria: Even if homegirl yawned when you shared your engagement news, don't assume too much.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 10, 2010
The couple's love is matched only by their love of the Saints.
July 11, 2010
The couple's 3-year-old walks the bride and groom down the aisle.
NEWS STAND: Obama Takes On Gulf Spill; Taliban Claim NY Car Bomb, Usher, Mariah and Nick (again) and more..by Nsenga Burton onMay 3, 2010
Our unique spin on today's headlines.
February 22, 2010
Tired of the same old Black History Month stories about George Washington Carver's uses for the peanut and Madam C.J. Walker's hot comb? This year, The Root asked its readers and staff members to submit photos of their own black history, from sit-ins to first communions to 90th birthday celebrations.
by Gary Dauphin onJanuary 5, 2009
How food riots in Haiti crashed my sister's wedding.
by Karen Grigsby Bates onDecember 19, 2008
The most important things to do after your wedding night.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’