by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 30, 2013
One D.C. Council member is making moves to switch "Redskins" to "Redtails."
by Jean McGianni Celestin onDecember 31, 2012
ESPN's now-suspended analyst dissed RGIII's blackness. This writer says those remarks have merit.
by Courtland Milloy onJanuary 2, 2012
Washington Post columnist Courtland Milloy checks in on the 20-year-old legal battle against the Redskins to change the team's racist name. He says the plaintiffs have waited too long for justice.
by Deron Snyder onOctober 21, 2011
He enjoyed a borderline Hall of Fame career in Philly, but Washington benched him last season, and now Minnesota has done likewise.
June 16, 2010
The Washington Redskins have had enough of Albert Haynesworth.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onSeptember 29, 2009
Maybe the Washington Redskins would not be so bad if their name was not so offensive.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]