by Edward Wyckoff Williams onFebruary 16, 2013
Obama needs to be mindful of doing more harm to the continent while protecting American interests.
by Hillary Crosley onMay 5, 2012
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is arraigned on Saturday in Guantánamo Bay to mixed reactions.
by Adam Serwer onOctober 23, 2011
A Senate vote against a GOP amendment relating to terrorism suspects suggests that's the case, blogs Adam Serwer at Mother Jones.
by Natalie Y. Moore onMarch 14, 2011
How the feds used the Libyan dictator to bring down the infamous El Rukns gang from the city's South Side.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onFebruary 9, 2011
Donald Rumsfeld's unrepentant memoir reflects the fact that no senior U.S. politician or military commander has been punished for our lawlessness in the Iraq War. And the Obama administration has shown no willingness to confront this injustice.
by Lenny McAllister onSeptember 2, 2010
Even in keeping a campaign promise to get the troops out of Iraq, the president finds himself tied to the legacy of George W. Bush.
January 28, 2010
In terror trials, military courts aren't necessarily better than civilian.
by Dayo Olopade onJanuary 14, 2010
In the ongoing battle to protect the country from violent extremists, language—and access—is more important than we’ve given it credit for.
December 29, 2009
From Hawaii, President Obama again addressed the foiled Christmas Day terror plot. Is he playing it too cool?
by Dayo Olopade onDecember 26, 2009
The latest botched act of terrorism raises important questions about U.S. competence in guarding against terror, and yet another American effort to build an important relationship with a fragile, unstable country.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]