November 20, 2012
In today's link roundup: A civil rights organization says that taking a stand against the retailer is the right thing to do. Plus: What happened on Rihanna's 777 tour?
October 9, 2012
Workers across the country are calling for improved staffing and benefits and an end to what they say is retaliation against their attempts to organize.
May 31, 2012
This is the 19th, and largest, company to suspend its membership in the conservative advocacy group since its support for "Stand your ground" laws came under scrutiny.
by Bill Fletcher Jr. onApril 20, 2012
Your Take: Time for nation's largest retailer to end ties to group behind "Stand your ground" law.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMarch 28, 2011
The landmark suit accusing the nation's biggest employer of discriminating against women could mean a big win in the Supreme Court -- or spell the end of civil rights class actions.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 6, 2010
Allegedly discriminating against employees can prove costly.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 28, 2010
The motherland is the next target for retail domination.
July 27, 2010
The retail giant is expanding exponentially.
by Brentin Mock onJuly 5, 2010
A corporate event in the struggling city brings stars and money but also creates tensions with the locals.
November 2, 2009
Two megastores are discounting books. Good for consumer pockets? Bad for books?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook