May 10, 2013
Her own infamous sentence for a nonviolent offense behind her, she's become a civil rights advocate.
by Benjamin Todd Jealous onApril 28, 2013
In a victory for voters' rights, felon-disenfranchisement laws are being overturned in Deleware, and NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous writes on the Huffington Post that it's high time for the rest of the country to follow suit.
April 16, 2013
A Florida proposal would limit assistance for those like 102-year-old Desiline Victor who need help casting their ballots.
March 27, 2013
Coverage of the issue may be overshadowing another important civil rights cause.
March 2, 2013
A guest of the first lady's at the State of the Union has inspired a push for a new voting-rights law in Florida.
by Farai Chideya onJanuary 26, 2013
A voting-rights bill that says districts need federal approval to change laws may not reflect the times.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onNovember 21, 2012
The GOP candidate's recent remarks show he hasn't learned much from his election loss.
by Judith Browne Dianis onOctober 27, 2012
Your Take: Despite election-law battles, this civil rights advocate urges blacks to cast ballots.
October 16, 2012
Voters will be able to cast ballots during the three-day period before the election.
August 27, 2012
Today's ruling means that fewer provisional ballots will be thrown out.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966