by Benjamin Todd Jealous onFebruary 27, 2013
Your Take: As the Supreme Court case begins, the NAACP's CEO argues to keep the Voting Rights Act intact.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJanuary 31, 2013
The party's new voting scheme to win the White House: Rig the Electoral College.
by Farai Chideya onJanuary 26, 2013
A voting-rights bill that says districts need federal approval to change laws may not reflect the times.
by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 19, 2012
From YOLO to Chrihanna to Obama hate, some things are better off not seeing the new year.
by Farai Chideya onDecember 7, 2012
China. Marijuana. Jobs. Find out what other issues he'll likely confront in his second term.
November 27, 2012
The idea that concerns about fraud were made up won't surprise many. But who expected a former party chairman to admit it?
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onNovember 21, 2012
The GOP candidate's recent remarks show he hasn't learned much from his election loss.
November 20, 2012
Sherrilyn Ifill, the new president of the NAACP LDF, shares her vision of justice.
November 5, 2012
The NAACP and the Advancement Project say they've seen racist displays, rants about African Americans and abortion and more.
November 5, 2012
A new video tells the story of the African-American battle against suppression that -- as evidenced by this weekend's early-voting struggles in Florida -- is as intense this election as ever.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966