by Lynette Holloway onOctober 6, 2011
Dorothy Cooper was denied a voter ID by the state of Tennessee because she did not have a marriage certificate, she said.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 5, 2011
The number of voters who could be affected is larger than the margin of victory in two of the last three presidential elections.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onOctober 4, 2011
Former President Clinton says it's the worst he's seen since Jim Crow. Is anyone paying attention?
by Judith Browne Dianis onSeptember 29, 2011
Your Take: Emergency managers and tougher voter-ID laws are the latest efforts to thwart black voters.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 26, 2011
Republicans want to trim the number of voting days and beef up ID requirements.
July 26, 2011
For months, Democrats have criticized the restrictive laws. Now Debbie Wasserman Schultz tells us what they're actually doing.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 24, 2011
Jesse Jackson explains, and says the DOJ must intervene.
May 6, 2011
Join The Root's associate editor, Lauren Williams, as she chats with Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy and contributor David Swerdlick about all things bin Laden, the GOP's voter-ID laws and Michelle Obama's dance moves.
by Cynthia Gordy onMay 3, 2011
The interim Democratic National Committee chair says that the GOP push for new voter-identification laws is a war on voting.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours