by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 19, 2012
From YOLO to Chrihanna to Obama hate, some things are better off not seeing the new year.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 28, 2011
Spoof of "S--t Girls Will Say" video doesn't go over too well with African-American women.
by Lauren Williams onJanuary 7, 2011
Ted Williams' rise from anonymous homeless guy to media sensation raises the question: Where will he go from here?
December 21, 2010
From the Old Spice Guy to Antoine Dodson to a 9-year-old with two very famous parents, 2010 provided YouTubers with a plethora of possibilities. Procrastinating at work was never so good.
by Topher Sanders onNovember 1, 2010
He might be happily married, but Darroll Lawson was inspired to create his infamous viral video by what he considers to be single black women's relationship issues.
by Angel Jordan onOctober 21, 2010
Sesame Street’s "I Love My Hair" video struck a chord with an entire race of women. The message is one that black women of all ages can't hear enough.
July 14, 2010
Not only is his strength, intelligence and beauty at the forefront of his character, but it’s heralded as being at the apex of manhood.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966