by Demetria L. Lucas onSeptember 30, 2012
Demetria L. Lucas, contributing editor to The Root, writes for Essence that until her interview with Entertainment Tonight, Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, had her thoughts and prayers. But the televised sit-down left Lucas a little confused.
by Helena Andrews onSeptember 23, 2012
He wasn't a model husband, but his recent chat with Oprah shows he's still a role model for dads.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 12, 2012
He "brings it," Winfrey says. Should Oprah's Next Chapter be renamed Black Stars Tell All?
by Demetria L. Lucas onJuly 12, 2012
The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas writes in her Essence column that Usher's ex-wife is a grieving mother who deserves our sympathy, not our judgment, in the wake of the tragic accident that left her son brain-dead.
by Shirea L. Carroll onMarch 30, 2010
Usher goes round for round in his newest musical installment.
by Jawn Murray onAugust 21, 2009
Tameka Foster's recent blog entry for The Huffington Post hits a little too close to home for a self-published author.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’