October 8, 2012
Your Take: A Texas school's racist past overshadows Fisher case, say Lani Guinier and Penda D. Hair.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onApril 4, 2012
The Supreme Court's recent decision means anyone who gets arrested can face a strip search.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 2, 2011
An effort by Senate Republicans to repeal health care reform was defeated on Wednesday -- which means the Supreme Court will likely decide the law's fate.
June 24, 2010
Weakened anti-corruption law could help ex-Enron chief Jeffrey Skilling and former Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
by E.R. Shipp onApril 20, 2010
Nominees have a long history of going astray after they don the black robes.
August 17, 2009
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday gave Troy Anthony Davis the chance to present evidence in court that the condemned man has said for years will clear him of the murder of a Savannah police officer...
May 26, 2009
The U.S. Circuit Judge is first Hispanic-American to be nominated to high court, Ex-Marine general named NASA chief, Sade to release new LP...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours