by Anita Powell onOctober 3, 2012
South Africa's Jacob Zuma fancies a bigger role for the continent on the Security Council. Will he get his wish?
by Emira Woods onFebruary 19, 2012
Global community must act to end their torture and killing in post-Qaddafi Libya.
by Julie Walker onJanuary 9, 2012
Jamaica's ambassador is determined to build a tribute despite some setbacks.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 11, 2011
The world's newest nation will receive support in maintaining independence.
March 30, 2011
Desert Flower explores the inspirational story of Waris Dirie, a Somalian native who escapes marriage at 13 to become an international supermodel.
by Washington Post onDecember 6, 2010
Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu and former President of Ireland Mary Robinson call for an end to a practice that perpetuates poverty by keeping girls, their children and their communities poor.
May 3, 2010
This is the latest in a string of violent acts committed by the Lord's Resistance Army.
by Dayo Olopade onSeptember 24, 2009
Barack Obama hosts his first G20 political summit as president this week. As 20 major economies gather in Pittsburgh, some wonder: What happened to the G8?
September 22, 2009
Obama dined with 25 African heads of state and lead diplomats, a lunch designed to broaden and expand the vision for US partnership with the continent expressed in his July visit to Accra, Ghana. Obama stuck with the framework established in Accra and during Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's August trip across the continent, which is that good governance, a robust civil society and investment in human capital are key to continued US partnership with Africa.
September 22, 2009
The private conversation with Clinton began and ended on the future of energy--also the subject of President Barack Obama’s address to today’s United Nations summit on climate change. Clinton, hoping to lead the conversation on the global green future, stressed over and over that the politics of environmental action is not a matter of tree-hugging but of dollars and cents.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’