November 12, 2009
With millions out of work and few jobs available employers have a lot more time to investigate job applicants. Why that should worry you and anyone else with a past.
November 11, 2009
It’s great that we’ve given those who serve our country their own special day. But can we get them a doctor’s appointment and a bed, too?
November 10, 2009
The number of unemployment teens has hit record highs. If teenagers aren’t working how will they learn lessons about responsibility and the job market…and what are they going to do in the meantime?
November 6, 2009
Unemployment hasn’t been this bad since 1983, but is there a slight reason to now have hope?
September 28, 2009
More than half of the people between the ages of 16 to 24 are unemployed. What might that mean for them and America’s future?
September 24, 2009
If we are limited to an endless debate over whether tea partiers have racist hearts, then we miss the bigger question of whether they seek to build a racist society.
September 16, 2009
The Federal Reserve chairman says the recession is “very likely” over so why I am certainly still pessimistic?
August 27, 2009
Joblessness has a lasting psychological impact, particularly on those with existing mental health problems.
August 14, 2009
Some terminated employees are putting up quite an act to keep up appearances. Wouldn’t that time pretending to still be employed be better spent looking for a new job?
August 7, 2009
Newly released unemployed figures have given some economists a glimmer of hope about the state of the economy. But stats don’t always cure fears, especially when they leave out the dangers that still lie ahead.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours