June 29, 2011
The black community takes another hit.
May 30, 2011
The Washington Post profiles Kenneth Roberson, a recent high school graduate, who is employable but cannot find a job.
May 11, 2011
The financial columnist believes that federal legislation is needed to help reduce the jobless rate for African Americans.
March 31, 2011
With the release of the National Urban League's annual report, President Marc Morial says that lawmakers must focus on job creation instead of misplaced priorities.
by Washington Post onMarch 7, 2011
Instead of trying to slash and burn their way through the federal deficit, Republicans need to heed new polling data and their own messaging.
March 4, 2011
The jobless rate falls to 8.9 percent.
February 22, 2011
A new bill co-sponsored by Rep. Bobby Scott hopes to put long-term unemployment assistance back on the political map -- but at what point should unemployment benefits just expire?
February 17, 2011
On the second anniversary of the stimulus act, nobody's exactly calling for celebration.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 8, 2011
Looking for a job? Check out this listing from The Root's Jobs section.
December 30, 2010
The number of Americans filing for their first week of unemployment benefits fell below 400,000 for the first time in more than two years.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours