February 21, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: As Obama lauds the tax-cut extension, some black lawmakers say it came at a terrible cost.
December 16, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: With their holiday break threatened, lawmakers scramble for a compromise on the payroll-tax cut.
by Lynette Holloway onNovember 12, 2011
Government aid helped keep many Americans from sinking deeper into poverty.
September 9, 2011
In a rousing speech, the president offered both old and new ideas for jobs. Now comes the hard part.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 6, 2010
Are they still arguing over whether to help unemployed Americans?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after she bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’