June 25, 2010
Thanks to a Republican filibuster, more than 200,000 people per week will lose unemployment benefits.
by Arlene Holt Baker onJanuary 17, 2010
More than 16 percent of African Americans are officially unemployed. Creating more jobs is a matter of survival.
July 17, 2009
New and pending data suggests that job losses have gone down and fewer and fewer Americans are filing continuing unemployment claims. Does that mean it’s time to celebrate? Not so fast. There’s a lot more to the story than the numbers suggest.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt