by Salamishah Tillet onNovember 10, 2010
Why Ntozake Shange's feminist message of gender equality, reproductive justice and sexual liberation has been seriously compromised in the hands of the hit filmmaker.
November 5, 2010
Tyler Perry's film adaptation of 'For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf' is just the incarnation of Ntozake Shange's seminal choreopoem. Check out our feature page for reviews from around the black web, photos, a video interview of Shange, and, of course, our own take on Perry's homage.
August 11, 2010
Isaiah Mustafa "transferred" from For Colored Girls to Madea.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life