October 7, 2009
On the 40th anniversary of African American Studies at US universities, Bahcesehir University, the school that pioneered American Studies in Turkey, is now offering the nation’s first classes in black culture and literature.
by Spencer P. Boyer onJanuary 7, 2009
What the world can learn from the latest secular v. religious stand-off in Turkey.
by Spencer P. Boyer onJanuary 5, 2009
Why America's interests are tied to a court battle in Turkey.
by Lenny McAllister onNovember 26, 2008
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. Here in Charlotte, I give thanks each November for being able to open up my sunroof, wear a Windbreaker instead of a parka. This season, I have another thing to be thankful for: an incredible political season, one where new voters found connection with their American right to vote.
November 25, 2008
Kitchen fires, uninvited guests and a seat at the kiddie table. Fasting for principal and fasting for no good reason. There are plenty of things that can go wrong on Thanksgiving Day, so take a few lessons from those who know: The Root contributors reveal their worst Turkey Day memories.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)