by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 13, 2011
As a teen, this biracial writer came to terms with her black identity with a little help from 'Pac.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 9, 2011
Members of Shakur's former rap group say it's what he would have wanted and dismiss negative media spin.
September 9, 2011
From posthumous albums to sighting hoaxes, rapper Tupac Shakur is still on the pop-culture radar 15 years after his death on September 13, 1996. The mystique and the music live on.
June 23, 2011
From Journal-isms: The National Association of Black Journalists received reports that there are fewer or no people of color working as journalists at some Gannett newspapers. Plus: Emerge Magazine re-emerges, and Sharpton-West rematch to take place.
April 22, 2011
In honor of National Poetry Month, The Root's staff shares a few of our favorite stanzas from black poets, from old school (Hughes, Dunbar) to new school (Tupac).
by Lawrence C. Ross Jr. onNovember 4, 2010
The hip-hop journalist steps behind the camera for her debut documentary, Black August.
June 16, 2010
Rap legend Tupac Shakur would have turned 39 today. We remember him through his music.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’