by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 13, 2011
As a teen, this biracial writer came to terms with her black identity with a little help from 'Pac.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 9, 2011
Members of Shakur's former rap group say it's what he would have wanted and dismiss negative media spin.
September 9, 2011
From posthumous albums to sighting hoaxes, rapper Tupac Shakur is still on the pop-culture radar 15 years after his death on September 13, 1996. The mystique and the music live on.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!